Bakery Films - Centre-foldef and Perforated
GM Packaging supplies plain, perforated and polyolefin bakery wrapping film in various sizes for cakes, sandwiches, tortilla wraps and all bakery products including pies, quiches, pastries, biscuits and muffins.
We have a large stock-holding of standard sized centre-folded reels used in the bakery and catering industries as follows:
Specification: Centre-folded co-extruded polypropylene for use on L-sealers, wound on 76mm cores/1,000 metres per roll. Available either plain or micro-perforated film, in the following widths:-
- 300 / 150mm (6") • 400 / 200mm (8")
- 500 / 250mm (10") • 600 / 300mm (12")
- 700 / 350mm (14") • 800 / 400mm (16")
- 900 / 450mm (18") • 1000 / 500mm (20")
Perforated Film Reels
Micro-perforated packaging film is sometimes recommended in preference to plain film for the following reasons:-
- Crusty baked products such as baguettes maintain their crustiness without drying out as the multi-perforations allow the product to “breathe”.
- Aroma of product is able to penetrate the packaging (for example, the smell of fresh bread).
- Warm product may be packaged without the problem of condensation.
We have the following range of micro-perforated hole patterns available:-
- 1 hole/4 holes/sq inch: end uses include pies, pasties, doughnuts, herbs
- 8 holes/sq inch: end uses include iceberg lettuce, pears, mange tout
- 32 holes/sq inch: end uses include tomatoes, runner beans, tomatoes
- 160 holes/sq inch: end uses include bakery products, Brussels sprouts, grapes
- 360 holes/sq inch: end uses include various commercial and industrial applications